• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Move from Verizon to ATT minor issue

MrEricJ

Lurker
Aug 22, 2014
Apologies for my ignorance, but I've skimmed the forum and not found anything to address my specific problem.

My S4 wouldn't hold a charge and a friend gave me a HTC Droid 4G to use. Switched my sim card out, switched to GSM and changed my APN to ATT and I have service, but only EDGE for data.

Is it possible to get 4G functioning? I would be happy to pay for a SIM unlock code, but it didn't seem necessary due to the fact I got service so easily. My settings also don't give me a prompt to enter a code, as it already says that SIM lock is disabled.

It also does not give me the option to select a carrier as the optioned is greyed out.

Any guidance as to a next step would be great!

Apologies for my ignorance, but I've skimmed the forum and not found anything to address my specific problem.

My S4 wouldn't hold a charge and a friend gave me a HTC Droid 4G to use. Switched my sim card out, switched to GSM and changed my APN to ATT and I have service, but only EDGE for data.

Is it possible to get 4G functioning? I would be happy to pay for a SIM unlock code, but it didn't seem necessary due to the fact I got service so easily. My settings also don't give me a prompt to enter a code, as it already says that SIM lock is disabled.

It also does not give me the option to select a carrier as the optioned is greyed out.

Any guidance as to a next step would be great!

My Droid Incredible 2 only has the band for E(dge) /2G data, but yours may be different. I found these in a search earlier, see if they help:

Pete
[FONT=&quot]at&t apn settings 4G details:[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]If you have a 4G phone (e.g. iPhone 5, Galaxy S4, HTC one, etc) you should try using these at&t apn settings 4G. They run faster and more stable connections.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Name[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: ATT HSPA+ (can use any name you wish)
APN: phone
Proxy: <Leave in Blank>
Port: <Leave in Blank>
Username: <Leave Blank>
Password: <Leave Blank>
Server: <Leave in Blank>
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: <Leave in Blank>
APN type: default,supl,mms,hipri
APN Protocol: Leave it to the Default one
Bearer: leave it to the Default one[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Good luck
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones