move images onto SD cardSupport

Last Updated:

1. copycatimages

copycatimages New Member This Topic's Starter

How can I move my images onto my SD card as I am running out of space. It looks like it's not possible in which case what's the point of adding a card in the first place. Help!

Advertisement
  2. jred7469

jred7469 Well-Known Member

Images only save to the sd card? There isn't an option I can see in camera settings to change this. They are saved on the sd under dcim > 100 media. You can download astro file manger to explore phone and sd files.

3. CureMS

CureMS Well-Known Member

I had the same question on the Vibrant. I don't know if it is the same on different phones but I finally figured out that the phone won't let me move my images but it will let me copy them and past them to the sd card. Using Astro, I multi-selected the images from the DCIM folder (which is in the sdcard file), selected copy, went to the sd file (within the sdcard file) and pasted them into a folder I created. BTW, it wouldn't allow me to created a folder named Pix or Pictures, but it would allow me to create one named My Pix.

As for setting where the camera will save images, I changed the default by going into the camera and choosing Settings, then Tools (the wrench), scroll to the second page and make the selection next to Storage (it allows me to select either Phone or Memory card). Again, don't know if it is the same procedure for your phone, but hope this helps.