Move music from phone to sd cardGeneral

Last Updated:

1. katesings

katesings Member

I just realized that my music is actually on my phone instead of the sd card. How do you move this?

2. mrhomiec

mrhomiec Well-Known Member

you can either...

* connect to your computer and move the files.
    * download a file manager app (like ASTRO File Manager) from the Play Store and move your files with that app.
  3. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

Do you have any file manager app installed? If not I recomend Solid Explorer. It's free in the playstore. You can use it to move a files around.
  4. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Well-Known Member

no need for a 3rd party one for something like that just use the built in My Files app
    funkylogik likes this.
  5. phil75231

phil75231 Well-Known Member

Agreed. the My Files app works just fine.
  6. katesings

katesings Member

ok, so I am viewing my files with My Files, and I am trying to move some things and it will not allow me to create new folders and it will not move any files either.

Also I noticed that when I plug my phone into my computer the card files are not viewable, and the phone directory opens and the files are viewable, however I cannot move anything between the two.

Any ideas?
  7. nigsy

nigsy Well-Known Member

The S3 really doesn't play nicely with USB connections!! (Or rather windows)

Easiest way is to remove the external card and put it in a card reader on your pc (If you have one).
    Attache the phone in either Media or camera mode, whichever decides to work today. The browse the internal memory on your PC and copy/past to the sd card.
  8. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Well-Known Member

my card acts up every know and then like this, its set to read only when it does this

usually ejecting the card and remounting it fixes it
  9. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

Try using AirDroid and you can move files using the Web Browser of choice on your PC.
  10. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

With MyFiles. Just go to Ext Sd, tap menu, create new folder, call it what u want.
    Press arrow at top left till you get to choose Sd card, find the folder with ur music, tap it, tap menu then tap "move".
    Tap the arrow at top left again and choose Ext Sd, find the folder u made, jap it and tap done (or it might be a check sign) and that should move them. Then u gota tel ur music player to read from that file :)