move2sd enabler fails at one point

Last Updated:

1. gus616

gus616 Member This Topic's Starter

i have move 2sd enabler and it was working perfectly for the last month, i had about 100 additional apps installed, and titanium backup backed up my whole phone and it said there were 317 total apps and i still had 84mb of free internal memory. my question is, is there a threshold that when crossed, makes the sd card unable to load the apps that are on it. i will also point out that most of the apps were originally installed on the sd card, but i moved about 30mb worth of apps to the sd card manually when i was down to 40mb of internal memory. i was able to power down and restart with no problems up until i moved those apps, so i am thinking maybe that is the cause of the problem, however i am not 100% sure.

so my question is is there a rom out there that works perfectly with move2sd enabler? should i just try doing a separate partition for apps(i think i read that somewhere where you can do 2 partitions on an sd card for the evo). it kinda sucks having to completely reset your phone and start all over on all your games and apps.

its really crapping me out, cause i love my evo and when it works, it works perfectly for me, but this issue is really making me regret getting the evo now, if only they would have had 1gb of internal memory instead of 512mb, this would be one of the best phones.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

The threshold would be when the card gets full. Generally, with flash memory, its always a good idea to have at least 5-10% of free space for apps to use, for caching and storing data. For hard drives, Its always a good idea to have at least 30% free space.