Moved videos on Note 2, will not openSupport

1. Ballymoss

Ballymoss Well-Known Member

Hi all, I have about 6000 photos and 30 video clips on my Note 2. I recently organised all the photos into more sensible folders and moved the videos to the folder "sdcard" and several of these I moved in one batch. Trouble is I cannot view these any more, though the ones I moved individually are OK. Even if I move the affected videos to another folder they still don't work. Any idea what has gone wrong? Under "Details" they show up as MP4. I haven't tried moving them to my PC yet to see if I can open them there yet.

Advertisement
  2. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Can't view them at all or in the movie player?

See if you can access them using a file explorer and play them that way.
  3. Ballymoss

Just moved one to my PC and cannot watch them on WMP or Real Player. Windows Movie Maker cannot open them either. I presume they must be corrupted somehow?
  4. ren857

ren857 Well-Known Member

Or DRM protected.
  5. Ballymoss

No. Most have been recorded on my Note 2 and none of them are ripped from DVD's. They all played perfectly till I moved them and they still show as MP4's.
  6. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste Guide

Hi
    Try putting them in folder
    storage/extSdCard
    That is your removable sdcard. The name is case sensitive.

The internal memory is
    storage/sdcard0

The sdcard folder is a mount point for sdcard0 but is not the right path for the apps to use ( i think)

Roger
  7. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

As a test, try to email a few of these pics and videos to your PC. See if you can open and play it from the attachment. I had a similar issue with my previous Droid X last year when I setup Exchange account from work and it encrypted all my media files afterwards. Everything previously to that switch worked ok copied directly, but after that I had to email pics and videos to external account in order to view files.
  8. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member

Just a thought, have you tried rescan of the SD card?
  9. Ballymoss

No. How would I do that?
  10. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member

Look for rescan sd in Google market
  11. R4nd0mJ0k3r

R4nd0mJ0k3r Well-Known Member

Or, simply reboot your phone :)
  12. Ballymoss

Did that, no luck. I've decided to simply delete the dead videos and downloaded my own video from youtube then moved it to my note 2 where it works fine.