1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Moved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LX

LX Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Thanks it worked now I need my custom rom and custom kernel back which I could get from Rom Manager right? I really appreciate all of you guys
  3. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

quote "2. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY" lmao that made me chuckle
    LX likes this.
  4. LX

LX Well-Known Member

working kernels are on the first post and one confirmed working ROM. anything else you try you're "on your own" sort of speak. Test and report back. do a back up first!
  5. LX

LX Well-Known Member

lol, i said that bcz ppl are going to be like "but i dont want lose this or that, do i really have to?" and then they screw up their phones ;)
  6. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

I know I've been seeing that all day, tell them how to fix it and they still don't get it right.
  7. 5thMARVEL93

5thMARVEL93 Well-Known Member

Would it be a good idea if i backup my apps then do a hard reset?
  8. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

should have backed them up before you upgraded, but you can still do it after
    5thMARVEL93 likes this.
  9. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

I am all set I get confused because I was running gingeresteem with Kanaida 1.3 kernel after th VCD update I of course deleted it all bloat now I want to get back at the ROM and kernel I had and that is where I get confused do I need to install it from scratch again or will I just use Rom Manager and install from there or from my sd card?
  10. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

I'd wait on using any custom roms till they get everything straightened out. how ever if you want to do that, if you had it backed up, you can just use the backup.
    LX and mike28 like this.
  11. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Yeah it's best to wait
  12. Rickinfl

Rickinfl Well-Known Member

Ok I'm having a issue. I upgraded to ZVD and I followed the instructions above to root. I put the root zip file on the SD card. I downloaded Rom Manager and tried to install CWM and it fails saying "An Error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands"

Did I make a wrong turn somewhere? lol
  13. Blind2Haters

Blind2Haters Member

Mate, you are going to want to run the root from the computer.
    LX likes this.
  14. Blind2Haters

Blind2Haters Member

Any word if Plague 1.8 or 2.0 are in play?
  15. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Running LD-ICK and rebooting with no problems. ZVC Roms are working just make sure you backup first and erase after installing ZVD and do a fresh install.
  16. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

Excellent post! Request add to all things root sticky:cool:
    LX likes this.
  17. bcifer

bcifer Well-Known Member

After you upgrade to "d" and then deleting stuff and some how you messed up, is there a way to force the lg update "d" again some how? :eek:

Thanks.
  18. gbiggie

For sure..as long as your CPU recognizes your phone...ok what did you do:confused:
    What is going on with your phone:confused:
  19. morgankslade

morgankslade Well-Known Member

So CWM backups before D update are of no use now. Is that correct?
  20. gbiggie

Hmm..not sure if I want to test that:eek:
    Hmm..maybe I will;)
  21. LX

LX Well-Known Member

I want to say, once ur rooted any back ups regardless of the version should work. My girls og droid was 2.2 i think from factory, i flashed cm7 which was 2.3 and i was able to always go back to my stock 2.2 and start fresh. Any testers lol :D.
    Come on Gbiggie, b brave
  22. LX

LX Well-Known Member

Not yet. Be the first :thumbup:
  23. LX

LX Well-Known Member

Yo Gbiggie, did you send mt and pg your system pull yet? I want a zvd kernel made man :D
  24. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Lol that's what I'm waiting :D As soon as the kernel will be ready then I will update to ZVD but not untill then.:rolleyes:
  25. gbiggie

LOL...didn't have them.request it yet..just got home..debating whether zzz or mess up(I mean root) my phone. Kd
    So where are we all at now..do we know any kernel..roms..and or themes that do work..saw a few in many diff threads overnight..figured I would test the ones that have been confirmed.
    Ohh and the b backup restore to d is the last test..that way I can go get a new phone with a bricked one;):D