Movie play back on evo 4g?Support

Last Updated:

1. Drazhar

Drazhar Member This Topic's Starter

is there any movies to download from somewhere that will work nicely on the evo? like transformers 1 and 2 on the hd2??

or anyway to get them on there? just seems such a waste of screen if it cant be used!

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You cannot "download" those movies without paying for them. You can however rip any movie you do have to the Evo, and transfer it with the usb cable. Do a search in the Evo forum here, there are a few threads about how to convert the videos.

3. Drazhar

Drazhar Member This Topic's Starter

i dont mind paying for movies..

i really want to be able to watch movies on this evo like i did with my HD2.. it had a certain wow factor when people would see it lol.

4. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Google for "Handbrake" and/or "DVD Catalyst Free for Incredible". Both are free and work great.

5. MobileES

MobileES Well-Known Member

I used Handbrake for converting Disney's UP! and Transformers 2 to a format for the EVO. Picture quality is absolutely stunning, rich colors, smooth playback with a scrollbar at the bottom for easy scene selection. Both movies are just under 2gb each. I show them whenever I am doing a demo about the phone.

6. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

I just watch them in DIVX format (google rockplayerbase). Tired of converting. 700mb DIVX movies are good enough for me on this screen. I've already ripped a lot of my DVDs to DIVX format. I don't want to have to convert them to MP4 just to play them on the EVO.

7. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

the op doesn't want to rip/burn/transfer...he want's to "rent" a movie to watch on his evo (i think that's what he's saying).

i'm with him. i don't own a ton of dvds, and of those, i've seen 'em. i have more blu-rays than anything, but that has proven to be complicated ripping.

instead of stopping at the redbox for a movie (ALL the rental places around here went belly up in the last 6 months) or waiting for netflix, how 'bout just logging on to whatever dot com or launching some movie rental app for a recent release film? i'd do it.

when i had my pre, there was some announcement early on that some site was going to launch rentals...kazaa?!

8. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

I think you're the only person here that got "rentals" from the OP's post.

9. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

how about "buy" movies?

"rent," "buy..."

semantics.

10. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

11. ww927bin

ww927bin Member

12. FrostyD

FrostyD Active Member

I used lots of converters for various things before needing mp4 for the evo. I tried Handbrake and was incredibly surprised, its a great converter to get out quality mp4 files. Believe me, if you do some good conversions you will get far better quality than what you will get from preloaded movies from the HD2 and Galaxy S. They fit the movies for the big screen so they are cropped when you get them preloaded, its got the wow factor but you can get incredible video quality on the evo through Handbrake.

13. Xenocide28

Xenocide28 New Member

Go to (mod deleted) Hahaha! Enjoy.

14. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

No, don't go to free download sites and think the feds, with lobbying funds from the MPAA, are going to sit still for this.

And given that copyright violations are illegal, our forums will have no part in that, so don't haha! and don't enjoy - site operators are being given 10 years in the federal pokey and pirates are exclaiming every day when facing federal fines - Why me? Everyone else was doing it!

15. Evo

Evo Well-Known Member