movie playback issueSupport

1. yoshietrosie

yoshietrosie New Member

I have just purchased the arc. I am trying to get a movie onto the phone. It is currently in mp4 format which is natively supported by the phone. I have tried to put 2 music videos and a movie onto the phone. The music videos work great and look beautiful. The movie, that is in the same file format and resolution will never work. It always appears as "broken" in the gallery. I have tried the native gallery app, the rockplayer, and the mobo player. I guess my questions are as follows, is there a size limit to a video file that will play back... or does anyone else know what I may be doing wrong...

Advertisement
    :
  2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

No size limit but you may want to try reformatting the video s that particular icon generally implies that there is an issue with the file outside of the format such as incomplete file or a DRM issue.
  3. yoshietrosie

yoshietrosie New Member

unfortunately i have to assume neither of those to be correct. I created the video file myself so no DRM issues, and I have used this file before, and put it on other devices before with no issues
  4. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Then to be honest I am at a bit of a loss as I have not had any issue playing videos of a fairly large size using the likes of Rockplayer. In this case I would advise re-formatting the video and transferring it back to the phone to see if this helps resolve the issue.
  5. Wadankhan

Wadankhan New Member

Download MX video player for free from the market and all your worries will end :)