• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Movie Reminder App

rsarno

Thank Me, Im Irish!
Jun 6, 2010
I see so many previews of movies being released many months from now, and im like "wow that movie looks insane"

But then i forget all about them and never remember to see them

id like to enter the movie, when its supposed to be released, and maybe a notes section so i can add a note

when the reminder pops, it should allow me to snooze it for 1 month, or 3 months, or whatever

This was one of my first ideas when I was learning android development.

However, I found it much simpler to just use the calendar. Make an event for the release day, tag it with "Movies", and bam, instant database with alerts built in. However, I think there's still probably room for an app like this, maybe with links to IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes. But as I've found a simpler way via calendar, I don't think I'm the guy. :)

Upvote 0
i just watched Wolfman with wife

i remember seeing the preview in theaters and wanting to see it, somehow i remembered this one haha

not a bad idea with the calendar! i guess this way im not restricted to keeping the app on my phone

I wonder if the app can be made to give a nice UI for finding/entering movies, and store it on your google calendar along with links to imdb or notes you make?

hmm this is getting more complex haha

Upvote 0
This was one of my first ideas when I was learning android development.

However, I found it much simpler to just use the calendar. Make an event for the release day, tag it with "Movies", and bam, instant database with alerts built in. However, I think there's still probably room for an app like this, maybe with links to IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes. But as I've found a simpler way via calendar, I don't think I'm the guy. :)

How do you add a tag? I tried from mobile app, and also from google.com/calendar website

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones