• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MoviePlayer not removable

icoo

Lurker
Dec 7, 2012
Hi gents!

First of all, I've been searching now for two days and haven't found anything on that. So I hope anyone of you can help me.

I have an ICOO iCou8 Pro 7" tablet with Android 4.0.4.
The problem: If I want to open a stream in the internet, by default Android opens MoviePlayer. I have never selected this player to be the default player and I don't have the option to select the player. So this is the first thing, so far not dramatic. But the MoviePlayer doesn't work, i.e. it doesn't show anything and Android asks me to quit the application.

What I tried to do was to unset MoviePlayer as default. So Settings -> Apps -> All -> MoviePlayer. No here it comes: it is not installed, so I can select the app, but there is not a single MB on the tablet and therefore I'm not able to unistall it, to clear data or clear defaults - nothing.

So I tried to deinstall it completely and replace it with another application: In system/apps/videoplayer.apk I tried to delete it, but this was not possible.

So now I have the problem of not being able to run MoviePlayer (because not installed) and not being able to remove it and replace it with another player.

Any suggestions on this problem are more than appreciated!!

many thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones