Movies...avi files?...and Video Player?

Last Updated:

1. e23nk1

e23nk1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok..so I downloaded a movie (1hr 30min if that metters) that is in an avi format.
    I am using Handbrake to convert it to mp4 format.
    Good so far?
    On my Droids SD card I going to make a folder called Movies and copy the file there?
    Do I need to download from Market, a video player?...and if so...any recommendations.

Thanks so much for the help.

Advertisement
  2. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Once you have it in MP4 format, you can place it in any folder on the SD card (so creating a "movie" folder would be fine.) To find your movie once you have loaded it onto your sd card, go to "Gallery". It can be played from there...You do not have to get a video player from the market..

3. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

If you do not like going through the Gallery app, you can search the Marketplace for "Video Player". It is a pretty nice app and I like it's ui much better than the Gallery. It gives you movies in list format, by their titles, instead of showing thumbnails of the videos to click.

4. Kitesurfer

Kitesurfer Well-Known Member

If you have a Mac use iSquint (free) to convert your videos from .avi to .mp4. Once you have them in that format, you can play them on your Droid using Astro File Manager (free in market). I went through the same process you are going through now, figuring out how to play .avi on my Droid. Any questions contact me and I can go into detail on what to do! Clearest video player on Market is "nswPlayer" which I believe is free.

5. THEHYLAND

THEHYLAND Member

You don't need one, but If u want to see the movie on the whole screen I recommed the act one player. Costs about 1.50 this is a great app, list movie names, full screen, can brighten the movie ect.

You are doing to much work. I am using dvd to droid program, works great no settings changes it to mp4. Just go to dotheweb.net.

THEHYLAND:D

Airforcemario likes this.
  6. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

What do you mean "full screen?" I use mVideoPlayer and it works perfectly fine.

And Handbrake works great to get the best quality. My videos look very sharp on my Droid. I also recommend LED Hacks if you're rooted. Those buttons at the bottom can be annoying if you're watching a movie in bed in the dark (which I do a lot.)

7. THEHYLAND

THEHYLAND Member

If u use the gallery u don't get full screen. But with act one u can change the settings to full screen. A t one has free trial try it. THEHYLAND:D

8. Airforcemario

Airforcemario Active Member

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try this from dotheweb.net!

9. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

That's because you aren't using the right size for the droid. 854x480

10. JMBerling84

JMBerling84 New Member

So I am new here and I have read so many forums that I am to tired to go on. I have a digital copy of the movie Ninja Assassin from the blueray that I bought. It says that I should be able to watch it on portable devices, but how? I can watch it on the computer, but how do I get it onto my droid and then play it? PLEASE HELP! :(

11. jaydotelloh

jaydotelloh Well-Known Member

Any one know of an avi player FOR the droid? Seems odd how we dont have an avi player...

12. lovemarser

lovemarser New Member

That`s means you should play your blu ray movies on a blu ray player. Or you can convert your blu ray files to WMV or VOB which can be playable on your computer with a free blu ray ripper.

13. JMBerling84

JMBerling84 New Member

Sorry for the confusion. The blueray movie came with a digital dvd copy of the movie; I should have been more clear. The digital copy that I have is from a dvd. I guess I need to convert the file type to something different. Sorry I didn't explain it better earlier.

14. JMBerling84

JMBerling84 New Member

To add to my above post, the current file type of the move is .wmv

15. Grey1001

Grey1001 Well-Known Member

Convert it to m4v with Handbrake, use the iphone & ipod touch setting.
    Then it will play on your Droid after you copy it to the SD card.