Movies can't play with Froyo?

Last Updated:

1. libai8268

libai8268 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Before the update, I can play m4v file just fine on EVO. However, I tried to play the movies I played before, it won't work now. The files are m4v. I used handbrake to convert them from mkv. " The file type not found" would show up when I tried to play it. I am converting one movie to mp4 now, try to see if it's the file type that prevents me from playing it.

Anybody got problem too?

Advertisement
  2. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

I have Rockplayer, so I rarely have a problem playing a video of any type.

3. ekang

ekang Well-Known Member

hmmm...go to the market and get this app called Rock Player. It converts avi, divx, and whatever into a viewable format for your phone. I have froyo 2.2 and rock player works perfect on my phone converting all my avi files from my laptop to videos im able to play on my evo. also, you can download Format Factory for you computer to convert files. It's free :)

4. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Rockplayer still cannot play 720p video files smoothly on the EVO even after Froyo. It does not use the internal graphics chip to speed processing so it skips and pauses. It does play low res xvid files well though so I kept it and use it for that occaisionally.

5. ekang

ekang Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think of then would be to dl format factory for your comp and format videos for your phone. Sorry I can't be of much help. Good luck