• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Movies on the X

Hey all, i've been wanting to ask this for a while now.

I got a X about 2 months ago and have loved it so far. I moved a digital version of Star Trek to the droid but did it by just copying directly to the droid after enabling mass storage mode.

What i'm wondering is if that's the best way to move movies over? It looks great but the sound seems to be a second behind the video which I wasn't sure is because of the way I transferred it.

I saw people recommend dvdfab, which i've heard of. Does Vcast media manager work as well or does it not matter as long as you use a good converting program?

Also, just bought Blue Ray versions of SWAT, Death Race, Shooter which were newer so there is no digital version. Is there a legal program to copy them to my pc so I can put them on my phone?

I'd be perfectly willing to take pictures of them for proof! lol

Thanks

Brian

If your audio is off from the video, it's most likely the movie itself and not the way you transfered it. Did you rip the digital copy of Star Trek yourself, or was it one of those prepackaged digital copies? If you ripped it yourself from the DVD, that's probably where the problem is. That's always been the case for me, anyways. Sope rippers/converters don't always get the audio synced up right. Try DVD Catalyst, they have a free version that rips DVDs to the right format for the Droid X. I've done a few movies so far, and seems to work great, sound has been spot on. Occasionally it won't read a disc, but usually ripping it with DVD Decrypter and then converting the resulting .vob file with Catalyst works, just takes a little longer. Now I just need an HDMI cable so I can use my phone as a video player when I'm out of town!

Upvote 0
Thanks mezdup, seems there's a lot of different video players so i'll have to check them out. Thanks for your suggestion.

Hrethgir I just downloaded catalyst so i'll be trying that for my movies that don't have a digital version. Star Trek did download one to my pc so I just copy and pasted it to the Droid. Death Race has one as well so i'll do the same thing.

Hopefully Decrypter will work with older Blue Ray's, thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming!

Upvote 0
Does anyone remember the app that guy came up with to play movies and stuff from your DX on your TV through the HDMI connection? I remember some people complaining because you couldn't see anything on your DX screen so you had to guess where to push on it. But I just got an HDMI cord finally and would like to try it out!

Real HDMI is the name of the app

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I use DVDFab7 to get the Blu-Ray main movie (usually just a single M2TS file) on to my pc. Then I use Xvid4PSP to convert/compress it. I use the iPad 720p setting to compress it to an MP4 file for the DroidX that it can playback natively with the built in Video Player. Usually finished product is about 1gb per movie for the DroidX. You will be amazed by the quality that the DroidX can playback both on screen and through the HDMI cable. It takes a while to convert, but you will notice the difference in quality over other products that are faster. You can find Xvid4PSP for free at Winnydows Home
Here's the settings I am using for the DroidX:
1.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones