• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Movies on the X10

Tuggernuts

Lurker
Jul 28, 2010
Hi,
I have an Xperia X10 and i'm trying to get some movies for it to watch on holiday. So far my only source of purchasing movies is itunes, but these do not seem to be recognised by my X10. I tried to convert a film from itunes using formatfactory ( an M4V file) but it just says failed to decode. Are itunes blocking this action, or am i doing something wrong?

If it is impossible to convert itunes movies, where can i download movies from that would work on my X10?

Thanks.

Hi Tuggernuts,

I'm pretty sure this is to do with itunes blocking the action.

I don't actually know any legal film download sites to recommend. However, this may or may not be of use to you. It is actually legal to download films by bit-torrent or other usually illegal methods as long as you have a copy of the film that was purchased legally and you don't download a different variant, i.e. you have a hard copy of a dvd, but you download a blu ray.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: moods925
Upvote 0
i use magic dvd ripper to put dvds on my laptop (avi) then use realplayer to convert them to iphone profile. when i put these files onto my sd card i can play them in mediascape or with realplayer app but when i use rockplayer i cant find them only clips that were already on the phone. i am looking for an app that will let me play my playlists.
thanks
ric

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks,
Is it possible to rip DVD's i have and put them on my X10?
If so, how?
Thanks again.

I just see you comet what to do is easy save the movie on a file in you (pc)the open if you have you tube downloader click on convert or play videos click browse to see the file with you movie click on the movie open the next step is under convert video to cell phone click that and then convert after that when is finish conect you phone to the PC open and drag the movie in i done this my self to watch movies on holidays hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones