movies. Sooo frustrated!!! Aaarrggghh!

Last Updated:

1. trevlynch

trevlynch Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, i have a nexus one and i love it. I have never had any major issues, its a great device. Ok, now thats out of the way, on to my problem....

So im going to be going on a long vacation, so to speak, and im trying to load up some media on my nexus before I leave. I use a bit torrent client for android, and as far as music goes I have no problems, but im trying to load some movies and tv shows on here and they download fine, and they are mp4 's, which should be compatable right? But when i try to open them it says sorry video cant be played...Every single time. I cannot use a computer, because mine is currently indisposed. You would think one would be able to download and play videos and movies right from the phone, and with my bit torrent client for android it is possible, but the damn things will not open. I have spent numerous hours trying to find and download movies that should be compatable with my nexus, and you can understand my frustration when they wont open... Can someone help me?

Advertisement
  2. reddragon72

reddragon72 Well-Known Member

remember there are two parts to a movie, video and audio. You have to make sure the Video is H264 and the audio is ACC low complex. Use the Mediainfo program, Google it, and check your vids. N1 will not play Xvid/Dxiv as I have tried, and mostly cause those vids come with AC3 or MP3 for sound. And yes I know that N1 lists Mp3 but that is only in a MP3 container.

FYI there is an app called XYflash, but it is not 100%

3. mobilemike01

mobilemike01 Well-Known Member

I use Handbrake for all my N1 video conversions and it works great! Choose iPhone/iPod Touch preset and your good to go!

4. DisneyDeeva

DisneyDeeva Member

The reason I ask is because I downloaded it last night and tried to create a copy of Disney's Princess and the Frog. I gave me some sort of error and stopped part way through the scan process.

Is it possible that some sort of security feature halted the process or did I perhaps have the wrong settings somewhere.

This is my first attempt to convert video to view on my Incredible and either scenario is entirely possible. Any advice for a newbie?

5. Lars1

Lars1 Well-Known Member

Try searching for "iphone" in the movies section of your torrent client.

These movies will have been converted to the proper format and a small file size.

I've never tried downloading right to my phone (how do you do that?) but every one of these I've tried have played on my Droid.

Good luck

6. jonwlewis

jonwlewis Well-Known Member

I use Free Video Converter on my Win 7 64 bit machine and it works greast for my Sprint Hero.