Movies

Last Updated:

1. Apache

Apache Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Any good, legal, paid, easy way to download movies to a PC (to then transfer into my Android device)? Like a PC version of the itunes movie store I guess, but without the silly 24h time limits and such - ? Surely there's gotta be something...

The whole torrent thing is growing a bit tedious I think

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Nothing that isn't riddled with DRM unfortunately. The movie industry is really slow at jumping on this.

Your best bet that's legal is copying DVD's you own to your PC then converting them to MP4 for your phone.

3. notreallynuse

notreallynuse Active Member

I have a droid 2 and it came pre-loaded with blockbuster. I'm sure that the same app is on the market

4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

I'd second this but it is tedious even with easy-to-use-apps. Good luck finding something that meets all your criteria, OP. From what I've seen you can probably get one or two but not all of them from a given source.

5. Tinkeybird

Tinkeybird New Member

I use DVDFab (I bought the full version online but they have a free 30 trial) and there are numerous options for converting your movies to virtually any format. I have converted our entire DVD library to the appropriate format for our Microsoft Zune devices and this format plays on my Droid X. I'm a 44 year old mom and I figured it out so it's not to difficult. DVDFab also has the option of making a back up copy of your movies on disc. Good Luck:)

sharkync likes this.
  6. No_u

No_u Well-Known Member

Encode HD - has options for different phones. Works great.

7. Apache

Apache Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for replies

The blockbuster app worked poorly at best on my device, unusable really

mSpot seemed ok to stream to device, but the playback was so inconsistent and erratic that it too is basically unusable

ok I guess I'll keep looking/waiting

8. notreallynuse

notreallynuse Active Member

oh wow. I'm sorry. I'll keep my hears open and if I hear something I'll let you know.