Moving an email between folders?

Last Updated:

1. Fixintu

Fixintu Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone figured out if it is possible to move an email from the inbox to another folder on the account such as a "Saved" folder? If so, HOW is it done? :mad:

Advertisement
  2. TikiDroid

TikiDroid Member

Which mail client are you using?

I only use the Gmail app. Here is how I do it:

1. Find the email and place a check mark on it.
    2. This will give you 3 options (Archive, Labels, Delete). Press the Labels option.
    3. On the Labels screen check the folder ("Label", as Google call it) that you want to move the mail to and un-check the one that you are moving it from. You can also "Label" an email with multiple folders.
    4. Press OK to complete.

Thats it.

3. Fixintu

Fixintu Member This Topic's Starter

How about in the Exchange account? Or is this another limitation of ActiveSync?

4. earthdog

earthdog Active Member

Its a limitation of the the Samsung 2.1 Android software. I have the same issue. I downloaded Touchdown to get around the issue. All in all I have decided the lack of Exchange support will force me back to my iPhone 3GS. So much potential in this device... I have been buying and eventually returning Android devices since the early ones... Google needs to get complete ActiveSync support for the real world business user. I so want to get away from the iPhone and the Blackberrys but they seem to be the only suppliers that get the business user (and Apple only barely gets it).

5. simulator

simulator Well-Known Member

HTC understands this and has implemented moving to folders for activesync/exchange in 2.1

6. stosti

stosti New Member

I have had the Verizon Droid, Droid X and HTC Incredible. All could move an email on my exchange server using active sync. I do see a setting for this on the Captivate. I am going to call Samsung to find out if it is posible and if I will be able to upgrade to Android 2.2 when it is released.