1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

moving apps from sd card to phoneSupport

1. doyl0159

doyl0159 New Member

Ok, so I just got a replacement LG Vortex today. I ordered a replacement because the screen wouldn't lock and the home button wasn't responding. Now that I have the replacement phone, I put the sd card into the new phone. I tried to take my apps and games off of the sd card and onto the phone, but they don't show up as even being on the sd card. And I'm sure that I saved them on the card. Can anybody help?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Eloquence

Eloquence Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Basically, you have to make sure that your market.android.com account has all of your downloaded and purchased apps on record. If it does, as soon as you sign in with your Google account it should start 'pushing' the apps to your device. (I think this is an android 2.2.1 feature -- may be wrong though)

Otherwise, you will have to re-download every app, but the good side is, any data that was on your SD-card from those apps will still have that same data when you download again. So you'll be good to go from that stand point.

Hope that helps!
    -Elo

PS - Let us know if you have any other questions, we'd be more than happy to help you out! ;)
  3. Eloquence

Eloquence Well-Known Member

Hi again,

So I re-read your question and I apologize for not reading thoroughly before. What file explorer are you using to see the files on the SD-Card? I use Root Explorer, as I find it to be quite good.

Are you sure the SD Card is not defective in some way? Remember you have to re-install all apps from SD Card by navigating to them in a file explorer-like program and then click them each to install.

All data associated with your apps should be fine once you re-load the apps onto the device.

Shoot me any more questions if you get stumped in any way. We are here to help!

-Elo
  4. zamboknee

zamboknee Active Member

I'm having the same problem. Just got a replacement phone (Incredible) and saved most apps to my SD Card. I can see the apps (Dropbox) but can't figure out how to 'open' them.
    Any advice?