• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moving apps to sd card once rooted

omidb1

Feb 14, 2010
I've just rooted my Hero, and now want to move apps to my sd card but can't figure out how.

I downloaded the app Titanium and backed up CoPilot Live to my sd card, but I don't get what that's actually done and if as a result I can now delete copilot off my phone and use it from my sd card, which is what I want to do.

Any guidance on what exactly I need to do to move apps to the sd card?

Thanks

Ok omidb1, I see you're considering Froyd 1.6 (a 2.2 ROM :)), but you don't know how to install it.

Here's a step by step I wrote.

If you rooted your phone's current firmware, then you can just skip to the 'putting a custom ROM on' bit. If you've already switched to custom firmware it's the same process as last time but with the froyd files :)

Since you'd switching to 2.2, which supports moving apps to the sdcard, it's a very easy process and can be done in a few steps.

Reactions: omidb1
Upvote 0
I'm trying to follow your step by step guide, but I'm stuck. I'm just booing up my phone in recovery mode and it's stuck at the Hero logo with "fastboot usb" written in the top corner. Is that normal?

Also, in the step where i have to flash clockwork in RM, i do it and it seems to have completed but then gets stuck and force closes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones