Moving apps to sdcard.Support

Last Updated:

1. ChiweN

ChiweN Well-Known Member Contributor

Okay, most of you that know me know that I'm not stupid (or like REALLY stupid at least lol).

But...

How the hell do you move apps to the sd card on this phone lol.

Advertisement
  2. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

I'm guessing they do it the same way as the GS3 because the internal memory is mounted on the SD Card so when there's a sd card in it shows up but the micro sd card mount location is inside the internal memory.
  3. ChiweN

Does this mean we can't install to the sd card? I'm not familiar with the s3. I do know that there's no option to move apps to sdcard the normal way you would move downloaded apps.
  4. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

5. ChiweN

Did a little research on this, I get what ya mean now and you are right. We can't use our external sd for apps, we can use it for anything and everything else, but not apps lol. Sure am glad they gave us 5gb in that case.
  6. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS VIP Member

You can also use gemini app manager it gives you to option to move apps to sd card;)
  7. ChiweN

Doesn't work bro lol. I tried it, and others. Without root there's no way we are gonna find a way around not being able to install apps to the external sd.
  8. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS VIP Member

Theres always away bro ;)
  9. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

We need root to change the mount setting of the internal memory.
  10. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I'm guessing this is an android lock down they added to make sure you buy the phone with the most internal memory (or when LG makes a better phone than the Motion for metro).........but 5gigs dedicated to only apps is more than enough room :D