• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moving apps to the sd card

You can try installing ROM MANAGER from the play store. There is an option to PARTITION YOUR SD CARD. Just search how to do that, there are a lot of links. Once you have successfully partitioned your SD card, install Link2SD from the play store. Again just search how to use Link2SD once you have partitioned your SD card. (I had to 'Create Links' as opposed to 'Move to SD')

I went from not having enough memory to open my gallery to look at pictures to having 646mb free.

PS. Make sure you have a custom recovery, and make sure you dont mind if your SD card eventually fries. From what I hear partitioning is not the best thing for it...

Best of luck

Upvote 0
When I try to run Link2SD I select the ext2 partition I made using minitool partition wizard and I get a Mount Script Error "Mount script cannot be created. not allowed to su" With this error I cannot move apps to the SD. How should I proceed?
I'm using a Samsung Stellar (model SCH-1200), Android version 4.1.2, hardware version I200.03

Upvote 0
I'm trying to use Link2SD on a Lenovo 7" Tab 2 A7-10F that came with Android 4.4.2 but which has been updated to Android 5.0. I've also used minitool partition wizard on a Windows PC to create a second partition (ext2) on an SD card. Result is Mount Script Error "Mount script cannot be created. not allowed to su"

Has anyone succeeded in getting past this error ? Without rooting the device, that is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones