moving appsSupport

Last Updated:

1. putney1477

putney1477 Active Member This Topic's Starter

OK I know there is a way to do this. And I'm sorry for posting so much and asking so many questions. But I'm so new with the android OS.

You know how you have your multiple swipe screens when you are in your applications? I know how to move the icons within that screen but what if you wanted to move them to a different screen. For example if I wanted all of my Verizon apps on the same screen.

Thanks so much for all your help.
    Heather

Advertisement
  2. f@scin8

f@scin8 Active Member

First delete the icon on the screen where you don't want it. Do this by press/hold the icon until the trash can appears at the bottom and then drag it to the trash. Then, go to the screen you want, hit 'menu' and then 'add'. You have the option to add widgets and shortcuts and other stuff. If you hit 'shortcut' it will give you a list of things of thing and 'applications' is one of the items. Hit 'applications' and it will search your phone for apps and list them for you to select. The list doesn't come up too quickly, so be somewhat patient. Press the app you want and the icon will appear on your screen. You can have shortcuts (icons) to the same app on multiple screens if you want, also.

I know what you're going through. I've only had my first droid phone for a week. :)

larry

3. Anthony2816

Anthony2816 Well-Known Member

Putney, just do a long-press on the app you want to move. Once the long-press is activated, move it to the right or left border. You'll then be able to move it to the next screen.

If you want to move it further, wave it up and down against the border, and it will advance to the next screen.

4. f@scin8

f@scin8 Active Member

Cool. Learn something new. Thanks!

larry