• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moving around between multiple home screens

ThisIsGoofy

Mar 25, 2011
My first post so please be patient! I've applied a wallpaper that extends over all 5 home pages. The best part of the photo is on screen #2 but my icons begin on screen #3. Can I move ALL icons to a different screen? I have tried the hold and slide technique and was able to move my time (from Clockr app) to screen #2 but this seems like a really touchy thing and hit or miss. Sorry if this has been covered. I did a search for previous discussions but couldn't find one specific to the Optimus V. Maybe I can change something with the wallpaper?? Again, trying to crop it is real touchy and the portion of the photo I want to use doesn't get saved as wallpaper. This is a great place to find help and I will be back. I have learned so much already. Thank you very much!

It is possible to long touch an icon and slide it but I've found that to be a nuisance. Long touch an icon delete it from the page you don't want it on then long touch the home page you like the best and touch "Add to screen" then touch "application" and from there choose the app you want on that page. If its a widget you want on the page choose "add to screen"+"widget"

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Thank you! Now things have been removed from screen #2 and added to #1 but when I turn on the phone the default is blank screen #2. Not the biggest thing 'cause I can swipe but I'd like it to open with #1. Any ideas for that? Sorry if these are very basic questions but there's a lot to learn for us who arrived late to the android party. Love the phone and how cool is Swype?!

Upvote 0
i forget how to do it but you swipe somewhere on the screen thats blank and swipe up it loads all of your screens in like a thumbnail looking thing then you CHOOSE from there which you want to be the home screen by making the little house go from grey to green. I am having a hard time explaining I should take a screen shot lol.

ETA: I don't have a good screen grabber thing because I cannot capture the screen from this point where it will snap a picture of the ability to add extra home screens and change the default home screen. What you do is slide up on a blank part of your home screen slide straight up. Then about 6 little transparent rectangles that are like thumbnails of the individual home screens will appear. Below each one will be a light grey or perhaps white house icon. Tapping the house will turn it green thus changing that screen to your default screen.

Okay although this is a cruddy picture of my phone taken from my webcam its a general idea. bestican.jpg

Also i took it sideways and clipped out myself and my background but you can get the idea. idk if this works on the regular launcher im using go launcher or something. i cant seem to get back to the regular launcher to test this.

Upvote 0
You can just use LauncherPro (Free Version) and set your Main Home Screen to whichever slide you want. It lets you choose slide 1, slide 2, etc... as your HOME page... and you can also add/subtract as many slides as you want.

I assume your default number of slides was 5... and screen 3 is your home screen, but you want screen 2 to be your home screen cause it looks better... just press the menu button on the main screen after installing LauncherPro and set screen 2 as the home.

Upvote 0
i forget how to do it but you swipe somewhere on the screen thats blank and swipe up it loads all of your screens in like a thumbnail looking thing then you CHOOSE from there which you want to be the home screen by making the little house go from grey to green. I am having a hard time explaining I should take a screen shot lol.

ETA: I don't have a good screen grabber thing because I cannot capture the screen from this point where it will snap a picture of the ability to add extra home screens and change the default home screen. What you do is slide up on a blank part of your home screen slide straight up. Then about 6 little transparent rectangles that are like thumbnails of the individual home screens will appear. Below each one will be a light grey or perhaps white house icon. Tapping the house will turn it green thus changing that screen to your default screen.

Okay although this is a cruddy picture of my phone taken from my webcam its a general idea. View attachment 17025

Also i took it sideways and clipped out myself and my background but you can get the idea. idk if this works on the regular launcher im using go launcher or something. i cant seem to get back to the regular launcher to test this.

I understood this perfectly because I also use Go Launcher Ex and this tip helped excellently.

Swipe upwards, then tap the "house" icon on a blank homescreen thumbnail or preview, then its possible to add an Elixir 2 widget to that screen, then you can set the homescreen to any other screen. Its not possible if your homescreen is full to make an Elixir 2 widget but Go Launcher Ex lets you make plenty more homescreens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones