Moving bloatware & other apps safely

Last Updated: 2012-08-24 21:15:48
  1. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member

So, I have been successfully moving bloatware and other apps I don't use - from Verizon apps to Samsung Widgets. I use LauncherPro exclusively and according to this site, TouchWiz30Launcher.apk/odex can be removed safely, but he also mentions not to move Launcher.apk, which I don't see in my system folder. When I move it, the phone is operational, but keep getting a force close error for TouchWiz30Launcher.apk/odex. By moving it back with Root Explorer, it corrects the error immediately.

I guess what I am asking is...is it possible to disable the 17MB file of TouchWiz if I am not using it, and if so, how.

Advertisement
  2. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

+1 for this, I'd love to know how to do this safely as well since I don't use TouchWiz.
  3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware you could remove TW without bricking the phone, be careful
  4. luckyme2312

luckyme2312 New Member

I have uninstalled my touchwiz30launcher from my Galaxy Ace (after rooting) using a de-bloater. I did back it up. However since I can now start my phone apart from in recovery mode and since the file is there but .apk and nor zip I can't use the aply an update from the sd card option. Any ideas :) ?