Moving contacts from Palm Centro to the Hero

Last Updated:

1. xcelor8

xcelor8 Member This Topic's Starter

Wife got the fancy new Hero, I being the IT department for the house have been tasked with moving contacts between the 2 phones Best Buy can't seem to get them moved, and I don't want to use Bluetooth, what's my best option to move these contacts? The Centro no longer has service either...

Advertisement
  2. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

You should be able to export the Centro contacts to .csv (comma-separated-values) format then import into your gmail contacts using a PC, then you will be able to sync and view them on the hero.

3. xcelor8

I think that should be do able, thanks for the idea.

4. xcelor8

Just a follow up in case anyone else ever wondered, the method work, kind of it transfered the numbers, but put all the info in the "note" area, including names and numbers, on a computer it took me a couple hours to sort, the info atleast was intact.

Thanks.

5. Turbo3zDriver

Turbo3zDriver Active Member

i got all my new hero stuff from bb, updated my plan and everything there - completely left sprint out of the loop. Went to sprint with both phones the next day, they took it in the back and everything was moved - it was pretty quick too. I have hundreds of numbers stored on the centro and it took less than 10 mins from walking in to walking out. Only thing was it randomly created two of the same contact on the hero....random people but not very often at all so i didn't mind. Good luck to you!

6. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

For anyone still looking for an answer on this topic, I've found palm has a solution called "Data Transfer Assistant". It's a one way export tool that will upload calendar and contacts from Palm Desktop to a Google account. It's a no-brainer for Android users...

7. xcelor8

Wish I would've found that before I did what I did, it was ugly and took forever.