Moving contacts from ROM to ROM

1. Kopitar32

Kopitar32 Well-Known Member

Lately I've been testing out all kinds of ROMs, kernels and themes to see what I like the most. There are several methods for backing up contacts and restoring them and I just wanted to see what everyone uses. Its still a huge hassle for me every time. Going from sense to sense is easy because of backup assistant through Verizon, but when I got to CM 6.1 i tried to use MyBackup and I have like triple of every contact. Any feedback would be good!

Advertisement
  2. Emoney53

Emoney53 Well-Known Member

im pretty sure most just save all their numbers to their gmail account when they add numbers.
  3. jmet

jmet Active Member

I just export/import them to/from my SD card (also have a backup copy on my laptop)
  4. dhays90

dhays90 Well-Known Member

Add them to your gmail account and so when your phone will sync after you flash over to a new ROM your contacts will be added.
  5. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I just save them to my Gmail account. Simple and easy.
  6. Kopitar32

Kopitar32 Well-Known Member

When I sync with google contacts i get this:

Code (Text):
    1. The application Google services
    2. Framework(process com.google.process.gapps)
    3. has stopped unexpectedly.
    It doesn't prevent my contacts from syncing but it pops up 5-10 times a day whenever it syncs. I guess I could turn off automatic syncing, but does anyone have a better solution? I'm running cyanogen 6.1 RC2.
  7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Might try fixing permissions in Rom Manager. I had the same problem when I was on CM6.