Moving contacts to SD card, help?Support

Last Updated:

1. Nathan Baxter

Nathan Baxter Active Member This Topic's Starter

My son got an HTC Legend a few months ago & didn't register his Google account. In order to do so now he has to do a factory reset.

Unfortunately, a lot of his contacts are stored on the phone & there's no room on the sim for them.

He tried downloading My Backup via the internet to move them to the SD card but the app requires a Google account which he can't register until he's done the factory reset.

Are there any apps or tricks available to move his contacts to the SD card that don't require him deleting them in the first place to do it, or is he going to have to buy a pen & paper?

Any help you can suggest would be appreciated...he's a teenager & his contact list is daunting :S

Advertisement
  2. nickporwal

nickporwal Well-Known Member

open contacts >press menu>Import/Export>select "Export to SD card">select phone.Thats it.
    hope this helps.

3. Nathan Baxter

Works on my Desire...but his Legend just has 'Import' option from the sim card. He's already duplicated his contacts on the phone twice trying it :D

I'm pretty sure there isn't a way for his phone; but happy if someone can prove me wrong.

4. zappa420

zappa420 Active Member

the way mentioned by nickporwal works on my legend
    does he have an sd card in the phone? lol

5. Nathan Baxter

Yeeeeeeessssssssss :p

Didn't work on his for some reason; software or version issue perhaps. Anyway, he's done it manually now.

Thanks for the responses :)