• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moving Facebook to SD card on rooted phone?

My internal phone memory (180mb) is pretty much full, to the point where it can't accept new messages. I want to move the Facebook app (as it seems to take up 30mb+ on my hard drive, and is the reason my phone keeps filling up) to my SD card, but I can't seem to. My phone is rooted (I rooted it to help with this). How can I move the Facebook app across to my SD card??

Hi AlexInSydney, and welcome to AF :)

Is it the facebook app that is that size, or the application's data? Look at the app in the Manage Applications menu. I ask because moving the app won't move the data, so it might not help as much as you think.

That said, you might want to look at this sticky post from the Galaxy Ace forum here: http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...-force-install-apps-sd-card-without-root.html.

For a phone with limited internal storage, it might be useful to consider a custom ROM which allows you to move apks and the dalvik cache to an extra, linux-formatted partition on your sd card (any ROM with init.d script support will let you install this as an option, but many come with it). This will give you a lot more space. I don't know Galaxy Ace ROMs, but visit the Galaxy Ace All Things Root forum and the people there should be able to advise on such things.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones