• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Moving from Gmail to Outlook

Looks like most everyone wants to do the opposite, but I want to move my email from Gmail to MS Outlook 2007. Gmail doesn't provide the ability to sort emails into folders like Outlook does. Here's the question. How do I change the email from Gmail to Outlook on the Droid? I know I can set up Outlook to pull Gmail messages, but I can't figure out how it works on the Droid itself. I want to bypass Gmail entirely for email, etc. without changing my email address.

Thanks.

Not entirely sure what you're asking for, but I don't think I'm using an Outlook Exchange server account with the desktop software. I currently just use it for mail through my ISP, which is RoadRunner. Does that help clarify anything? Thanks for helping!

It sounds like you are using a Microsoft Outlook client software using POP3 or IMAP protocols to access email at your ISP's mail servers. There mail servers are most likely some Linux based mail server application. Your MS Outlook application has the ability to access mail and calendar data on a MS Outlook Exchange server. I doubt your ISP uses MS Exchange server.
Now you can use Google Gmail with IMAP. When you configure your Outlook client Software to GMail use IMAP protocol:
Outlook 2007 - Gmail Help
Also go to your ISP online email application and have it auto forward all email to your GMail account. Also use your GMail account as the GMail account that your Android phone uses.
If you want your Outlook calendar to sync to your GMail calendar, which will sync automatically to your android phone, you can use:
Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help
If you want to sync your Outlook Contacts and multiple Calendars then I recommend using:
gSyncit v2.1
http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones