• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moving from iphone 4s, recommendations please.

keepittidy

Lurker
Sep 28, 2012
Hi all,

I've been a long time iphone user (3 - 3gs - 4 - 4s) and have finally got bored with IOS.
For the first few years i found the similarity and small evolutionary updates of the iphone hardware and IOS to be a good thing but now i've had enough of it. My contract is now up and while i like the look of the iphone 5 i think it's time for me to break from apple.

So.... I'm looking for recommendations of handsets from people 'in the know' (you guys)

The one thing i REALLY like about the iphone is the size, i can use it in one hand and reach all the screen comfortably. I can see the attraction of a large screen but to me the Samsung Galaxy S3 for example is way too large and i would never be able to get on with it.

So are there any Android handsets that are:

a: powerful (not entry level spec)
b: similar in size or not that much bigger than the iphone.

Thanks in advance !! :)

Thanks for the replies, and thanks for the welcome Digital Controller..

The Razr M certainly does look like the kind of size i could get along with.

I'm actually looking to change provider too, so the android world is my oyster :)

Verizon is good provider, there prices are a bit higher than the other people, but I have found to love there service, just because I always have the mobile network wherever I go.

4G LTE sometimes but always 3G, and this is extremely helpful because i use text through Google Voice so it's free but uses Data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones