Moving from iPhone to Android

1. eslachance

eslachance Member

Hi there! I'm Eric.

Today, after a bit of research and some decision-making with my wife, I decided to go from Fido/Rogers where I had and iPhone 3GS, towards Videotron Mobile (Videotron is our local cable provider, if you're not from Quebec) where I purchased a brand new Motorola XT720.

While the move was done to save money (the phone was free, and the plan, in combination with my current services, saves me $30 per month), I was extremely happy to be able to get away from the closed, apple-controlled environment and into more of an open market. I got my first taste of how that may take some getting used to when I couldn't find the LinkedIn app on the marketplace and had to download it from the website, but having multiple sources is something I can live with.

I must admit I'm more and more wishing I was a programmer though - if I were, I could get my HDMI output mirroring, where right now only the Droid X and EVO have this capability. All in all, I'm satisfied with my switch, though I've only had a couple of hours to play with it so the jury is still out!

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!
  3. Rootmepls

Rootmepls Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums. After years of iPhones I made the switch also over the holidays. Took a bit to learn the new controls and find replacements but there wasn't an app I couldn't replace from Apple. Enjoy!