• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moving items from one SD card to another?

jeffj318

Dec 23, 2011
Hopefully a simple question .....
I have the 2 GB card that came with the LG Optimus V. I have downloaded some apps, music and photos on the phone. I purchased an 8 GB SD card to replace 2 GB card. Do I move all the items from the 2 GB to the computer and then transfer them to the 8 GB card and re-insert? Thanks!

Hopefully a simple question .....
I have the 2 GB card that came with the LG Optimus V. I have downloaded some apps, music and photos on the phone. I purchased an 8 GB SD card to replace 2 GB card. Do I move all the items from the 2 GB to the computer and then transfer them to the 8 GB card and re-insert? Thanks!

Should but there's always those unforseen problems that can arise.

Upvote 0
Make sure you have view hidden files enabled in Windows Explorer if using Windows.
Thank you for including the qualifier at the end! :)

Many people have no idea how confusing it can be when recommendations are given that apply only to certain operating systems. It goes without saying that not everybody uses Windows, but what many don

Reactions: AndyOpie150
Upvote 0
I too faced a problem while transfering the apps from one Sd to another.
I took the back up of all the folders/files on my PC. Then i copied the backup onto my new SD using the SD adaptor.
When i inserted the SD into my mobile, the apps did not show up.

I again inserted my old card, even then also the apps were not showing.
What could be the problem.

Upvote 0
If your still having problems with uSD card, insert it into the PC and reformat it.
Go to start/computer/right click on the sd card and select format. Select to format back to default. This will take a while and will erase all data. After it is done, select the icon in the task bar to safely remove it. Wait for it to tell you it's OK. Then turn the power off on the phone and insert the uSD card. Power up and wait for everything to reboot. Then select erase SD card in menu/settings/storage. After this you should now be able to transfer the info back on to the uSD card.
If you have power on the phone you must always go to the storage option and unmount the sd card before pulling it out of the phone. If the power is off you can pull it with now problems, when you power up it will auto mount.

Reactions: nanzo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones