Moving music from itunes onto Android device

1. ecatennis

ecatennis New Member

I have a large library full of non-DRM tracks in itunes, but I'm at a loss as to how to get them onto my new lg mytouch that's arriving soon. When I go into the My Music folder on my computer to try to find the actual audio files, I find a file called itunes library that just opens itunes when clicked. I'm not really sure exactly how I'm supposed to move these files to my SD card, how to convert them, etc. Do I even need to convert them since they're AAC and android supports AAC? Can someone give me some step-by-step help?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

I personally get along well with iSyncr for such purposes, since I was migrating my non-phone stuff over from an iTouch.
    JRTStudio likes this.
  3. Android1993

Android1993 Well-Known Member

Assuming you're using Windows, click Start>Search>"Artist or Song name">Right Click A Song>Open File Location.

Now that you found one songs location, try backing up a few folders to see if you find the rest of your songs all together.

After you've found your songs, delete iTunes and download Zune Player to manage your music, nice interface, better organization, easy to use.
  4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I'll second this. This is what my wife users to transfer music and playlists. She tried nearly every other method and found this one to be the most useful.
  5. JRTStudio

JRTStudio Member

Thanks for the iSyncr recommendations!

ecatennis, if you do try out iSyncr, feel free to email us using "Help->Support" if you run into any issues!
  6. STL_Sean

STL_Sean Member

I have never used iSync, but I am very happy with DoubleTwists free player/music manager. For a $1 you can purchase the add-on AirSync that will allow you to keep your music syned while on the same Wifi network as you home computer (or where ever you store your whole library). DoubleTwist Player

If you are used to iTunes their layout will be very familiar.

Let us know which you go with and your thoughts!
  7. fightingirish

fightingirish Well-Known Member

I always do drag n' drop. Connect your phone to your PC. Open up your PC's music folder, as well as the destination phone folder. Then, you just move. Simple as that.

I do this to allow myself more control over what I want on my phone. In addition, I use high-bitrate mp3 files on the PC for archival purposes, but use lower bitrate ogg vorbis files (around 160kbps) for the phone, to save valuable space.