Moving my picture gallery to SD?Support

Last Updated:

1. upnorth1964

upnorth1964 New Member This Topic's Starter

Can someone tell me how to move my photos to my SD card? My phone is acting up and Verizon is sending me a new phone but I don't want to loose my pictures..
    Any help would be appreciated..

Advertisement
  2. fatpomp

fatpomp Well-Known Member

If your pictures are on your internal storage connect your phone to you computer. Go to the internal storage and move the DCIM folder to your sd card. All your pics will be in that folder. You can use a file manager like astro and do it from your phone if you dont want to do it on a computer. If you do it that way open astro and go into the emmc folder and then find the DCIM folder.

3. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

You can add sub folders to the DCIM folder once it's moved and those folders will be reflected when you open your gallery. Coming from a BB which let you folder or organize your pictures, I enjoyed having my pics in smaller group headings such as Family, Friends, Work, Travel, etc. Just a thought while you are moving your pics around.

4. Theman70

Theman70 New Member

When I connect my phone to my PC, where or how is my SD card identified? I see Removable drive G and H, G having my DCIM file. Would H then be my SD card?

5. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

To be certain which is your sd card.. click on each of the folders and do a properties check. You should be able to determine which is your sd card by it's size if nothing else. H is my best guess without looking. The DCIM folder is native to the phone's storage. The phone and the sd card will have different drive letters. Checking to be certain is always a good thing.