1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Moving on from the Epic 4G

1. drorez

drorez Member

So, I fainally qualifiy for a new phone with sprint and have now jumped ship to an iPhone. What a diference. I gotta admit it was fun trying to get the Epic to do what I wanted it to do and having the freedom to change a few things on it was great, but I don't miss the bad gps, terrible 4g reception, or the shitty battery life. So farewell to all and good luck with your epics, I had fun with mine. peace.

Advertisement
    :
  2. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

My wife is looking into paying an ETF to go to an iPhone 4S. The Epic would be a great phone if not for all the bugs. I know I will never buy a Samsung again.

Hope it works out for you.
  3. bls

bls Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new phone!

My wife and I both have Epics and both are considering the iPhone 4S as well. The update to Gingerbread improved some things, but introduced other problems too. And we both still occasionally have failures that lock up the phone requiring us to remove the battery, and (worst of all IMHO) occasionally connect a phone call and have no audio.

But only one of our contracts is up, so only one of us can trade in for now. Thinking about waiting to see what the next iPhone release (5?) will look like first before we decide.
  4. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Looking at rumors around the internet, it seems that the fall of 2012 could be the release date for the iPhone5.
  5. bls

bls Well-Known Member

My contract came up this past October, and my wife's will come up in next Oct. So fall 2012 works pretty well for us!
  6. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

Good luck with your phone. Sprint would have to pay me to get me into an iPhone. Holding out for an LTE Android device. Can't wait to hear what Sprint got to say next week at CES (rumor LTE Nexus).
  7. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

We were also in the "Samsung never again" group. After playing with an Epic 4G Touch as well as a few other GSII's we weakened in our indignant stance. Amazon's $79 price was the final push. I'm happy to say that the E4GT has performed flawlessly and is impressive. Not at all like our E4G experience. Blazing fast, great screen, long battery life. It's as impressive compared to it's contemporaries as the Evo4G was in its prime. It's my wife's phone and I'm holding out for ICS/LTE (our next upgrade 7/12) , but it's a phone I could easily live with if a bargain came my way. I like the iphone just fine, but could never see myself joining the izombies!
  8. Maverickc5

Maverickc5 Active Member

I still have my Epic however it reboots almost daily. It has been a pretty good phone. Troubles are just now showing up after a year of hard use. I got an iPhone 4 S on another line and in spite of many forum user experiences ; mine is good. The quality of the build is night and day over the Epic. My speeds are fine with the iPhone on 3 G on Sprint. I have only used in Central Florida including Daytona Beach and Orlando and data speed has been acceptable in this area so far.
    la sal likes this.
  9. drorez

drorez Member

"izombies!" what a tool you are. You think because someone prefers android or ios5 over one antoher they are zombies? I guess that makes you a droidzombie?... grow up dork.
  10. golfernut78

golfernut78 Well-Known Member

i'm done with my epic 4g. i'm planning on getting an lte when they are available, but i am hoping someone still offers a slide out keyboard. i just don't like on screen keyboards.
  11. egkor

egkor Well-Known Member

I've moved on from a GS1 Epic to a GS2 Epic Touch.

The GS1 Epic was the best "cell" phone I ever had (until I got the GS2 Epic) :)

-Gary K