Moving or removing apps from desktop?Support

Last Updated:

1. Suffolk JK

Suffolk JK New Member

I just upgraded to an Admire, this is my first "smart" phone. Though, I feel stupid because I can't seem to figure out how to move or remove the preinstalled apps on the desktop. I need to make some space for some of the apps I regularly run and don't want to skim through the 3 other desktops to find my app. I'd like it to be on the main screen.

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

This is your first post, so welcome to Android Forums.:)

Don't ever feel stupid, when I first got an Android device I could have been outwitted by a fencepost with regard to it.:D

Now on you your questions. Carrier installed applications cannot be uninstalled but they can be removed from your home screens. Simply long press on the icon (hold your finger on it for a second or two) and you should feel a haptic feedback (quick vibrate) and a trash can should show up on the screen. Simply drag it to the trash can and it will remove it from your home screen. This works for both app shortcuts and widgets (usually the larger displays that update or show information).

I hope this helps and if I'm not clear enough, just post back and I'll help. This is the friendlies forum I've found on the internet.
  3. Suffolk JK

Suffolk JK New Member

Thanks for the help, worked like a charm! After reading through soo many threads on here, these phone could get complicated. Still trying to figure out what the whole "root" thing is all about.

4. Unforgiven

I wouldn't recommend rooting for you right now, and that's me personally, not me being a guide. I would get used to your device. Read threads, ask questions, and become comfortable. Below I have included my long winded thoughts on rooting, if you are interested, hit the grey "show" button to read.

Suffolk JK likes this.
  5. Suffolk JK

Suffolk JK New Member

I see. Still reading and reading. I'm still getting comfortable with my phone and I really don't think, for now, that it's necessary. Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how to add one more Hotmail acct. to the one I just added to the email app on the phone.
  6. Unforgiven

When you go to settings in the email app, there should be a button that says "Add Account".
  7. Suffolk JK

Suffolk JK New Member

No dice.
  8. Unforgiven

Bummer, which email app are you using?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  9. Jouxace

Jouxace Member

Can you elaborate a bit more? What happens when you try adding the second email?