Moving Pics from Phone to SD Card?Support

Last Updated:

1. armoredsaint

armoredsaint Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've searched around and couldn't find how to do it on the phone? Do I have to use HTC Sync to manually move it?

Advertisement
  2. Tweaked Halo

Tweaked Halo Member

You might try using astro file manager. It's available in the market. Then just copy and paste to your card. Otherwise you may plug your phone into your computer via your usb sync cable and drag the file over.

3. kenyu73

kenyu73 Well-Known Member

1) Plug in via USB
    2) Select "Mount" on your phone

You'll have two drives mounted in Explorer. No need to use HTC sync or anything

armoredsaint likes this.
  4. kenyu73

kenyu73 Well-Known Member

Why even copy it to the SDcard... its WAY easier to plug into USB and mount the internal memory and SDcard anyhow. Even most printers or photo printers support USB now. I hope your not ripping your phone apart to get the SDcard (=

5. chenderson

chenderson Member

I notice this thread speaks of using the mount mechanism to mount the SD card and make it visible tothe PC.

Can anyone tell me what mechanism in the NDK/SDK the mount mechanism uses. I want to mount and unmount the SDCard from the PC from an App

Thanks

6. armoredsaint

armoredsaint Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

that worked nicely! i had to default to sync and when i changed the option to ask me instead, i chose the mount option. for my computer M: is the SD card and N: is the internal memory. :D

BTW: can i change/label the internal memory's name?

7. black_surfer

black_surfer New Member

My computer can't find my internal memory--any hints?

8. haffe

haffe New Member

I have a similar issue. Mine can find my phone when I plug it in, but I can't access the drive on my computer. Am I not supposed to?

9. Paltas

Paltas Member

Open your notification area on the phone. It will have a USB dialog showing various options. The default is Charge Only, which would not allow your comupter to access the phone storage.

Change to the Disk Drive option, and you will be able to access them. To be safe, change back to Charge Only before disconnecting the phone.

10. chenderson

chenderson Member

Thank You Tweaked,

What I am really looking for is information on how Apps like Astro File Manager mount and dismount the SD. So lower level stuf.

I need to do it with my App.

11. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

when you sync your computer with your phone can you edit, add, delete photo albums? and re-arrange photos, etc...???

12. Ratburger

Ratburger New Member

I think this might be helpful. On my HTC Incredible, my mothers and my wifes, couldn't get to internal storage when set as Disk Drive before plugging in USB cable to PC. While plugged in had to change to charge mode then back to disk drive mode to see files.

This problem was with XP, Vista and Windows 7 so doubt it's the Windows OS but instead a bug with the phone.

I searched everywhere and never found this addressed.