moving pics to PCSupport

Last Updated:

1. derohanes

derohanes Active Member

I have some pictures I want to transfer to my PC. I used a usb cable to connect to the PC, but I don't see it as a device on the PC. The phone shows that it is connected as a device. Is there any way to move the pictures over? I'm on Windows 7.

2. xThaNaturalx

xThaNaturalx Well-Known Member

If you're on windows 7, the "folder" icon in the very bottom left-hand corner of the task bar should show up and maybe flash. If you click on that it will open up your device with your phone memory and SD card if you have one. It should be the botton right next to the "start" button. Then just drag into "phone" or "sd" or wherever you want it.
  3. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Moved to the S3 section. :)
    StarScream2109 likes this.
  4. laptopquestion

laptopquestion Well-Known Member

Prepare for a potential battle....

Or use something like AirDroid ;).
  5. MicroNix

MicroNix Well-Known Member

Why not use the built in Kies Air app? Activate the app while on your wifi network, type the URL it shows you into your windows 7 browser and then you can see all your pics/vids/etc and download/upload all you want. Its actually not bad.
  6. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Well-Known Member

When you plug your phone in it should show up automatically as a drive on your windows 7 computer. does on mine.
  7. laptopquestion

laptopquestion Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, many others have not been as fortunate. It should work, but for some reason the S3 is a tad bit more temperamental than any other USB device I have used. Many of the issues have been tracked back to marginal USB cables/ports.