Moving pictures from internal memorySupport

Last Updated: 2013-06-08 18:45:05
  1. aml1025

aml1025 Well-Known Member

While getting ready to activate a replacement Elite for my daughter, I discovered she didn't have a micro SD card installed. All her pictures are saved to internal memory.

I did put in a card, but not seeing a way to transfer all her pictures. Anyone have suggestions for a quick and easy way to accomplish this? I suppose i could move them to somewhere like Flickr, but she really just wants them on the phone.

Thanks for any suggestions - it seems I'm having one of those "no thinking allowed" nights!

Advertisement
  2. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

With a file manager you can just cut/paste the whole DCIM folder and put it on the external sd card. Make sure you tell the camera that you want to start saving pictures to the external sd card.
    aml1025 likes this.
  3. aml1025

Thanks for the advice! It mostly worked, except for the fact that apparently not all her pictures were stored in that folder :confused:

Now it's just a matter of hunting through the files for the rest of the pictures before resetting the old phone and sending it back. I think I'll leave that task to her :rolleyes:
  4. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

Check the downloads folder! Any pictures that were sent to her should probably be in there. If she uses a camera app other than stock then it will store pictures in its own folder.
    aml1025 likes this.
  5. miediev

miediev Well-Known Member

If you long press on a picture in the gallery app and then open the menu and tap 'details' it will tell you the location of the file.
    aml1025 likes this.
  6. aml1025

Great tips and thanks again! This would all be so much easier if I weren't dealing with the most change-resistant teenager around... :rolleyes:
  7. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you can't find them with a file browser, "quickpic" will show all the pictures /videos on the phone and you can select them and move them to the sdcard pictures folder.

Also sync files to the cloud with "google drive", and never loose any files/pictures.
    aml1025 likes this.
  8. aml1025

FINALLY ended up convincing her that cloud storage was a good idea - even though she knows it is because they use Google Drive for school projects all the time. I think showing her all the second opinions offered here really helped.

Replacement phone is set up, old one on its way back to Virgin Mobile. <phew> Thanks again for helping make it less of an ordeal than it was about to become!