Moving pictures to different folders

Last Updated:

1. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On my Hero I have a lot of pictures that I want to move around to different folders only I'm not seeing an option to do this. How can I create a folder or move pictures from one folder to another one that was already created on my SD card?

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Are you trying to do this from your phone or your PC?

3. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

get an app called astro task manager it will allow you to make folders move pics from folder to folder etc etc here just scan this code with the barcode scanner from the market
    [​IMG]

bernara likes this.
  4. cbarth3

cbarth3 Well-Known Member

astro will be the easiest way to do it on the phone like 702 said, But honestly I think it would be a lot easier and faster on a PC

5. toomuchgame441

See that's the tho, I'm not seeing tge folder when I sync it to my pc. I really just want to be able to do this task on the pc, but its like the pics that I take saveto the internal memory

6. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

After you connect your Hero to the PC pull the notification bar down and pick USB Mode. On your computer open up My Computer look for the phone there (not sure what it's called I don't use Windows). Once you open up the phone you should see a folder called DCIM and you will find your pictures there.

Once done make sure you eject the device from your computer then go back to the phone and pick Turn USB Mode off.

7. PGR

PGR Well-Known Member

Unless you've rooted your phone, it saves all photos and videos to the SD card and there is no way to override that. The default folder for photos on the SD card is \DCIM\100MEDIA\

To get to that folder you need to connect your phone to your PC via a USB cable, open your notification screen on the phone, and select USB Connected > Mount. Then find the card in the Computer folder in your computer (it wll show up as a Removable Drive) and drill down to the \DCIM\100MEDIA\ folder.

Don't forget to do the Safely Remove Hardware routine on your computer and then open your notification screen on the phone and select Turn off USB storage > Turn off before you unplug the USB cable.

Pete

8. toomuchgame441

Thx Kenny and PGR, the problem with doing it on my PC is that I couldnt find the folder that stored the pics that I took with my Hero. Made my life a lot easier