Moving to Froyo on DroidX -- worth it?

Last Updated:

1. samalex

samalex Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Guys --

I've had my DroidX for about a week now and love it, it's all I use in the car, at work, and even at home for audio. I've heard from lots of folks, including co-workers, that Froyo hosed their audio playback, and now most audio sounds like it's either coming through a tin can or sounds cartoonish.

Has this been fixed? I don't want to install an 'upgrade' that'll break or decrease the audio quality of the DroidX since that's one of the primary reasons I bought it.

Also are there any statistics on the number of apps that don't work in Froyo? SiriusXM is one of the apps I use daily, and I read they just now came out with a Froyo compatible version. Are there any popular apps that are on most people's 'Must Get' list that don't work on Froyo?

Update: Looks like the update isn't available to me yet, so I guess they're doing rolling updates.

Thanks,

Sam

Advertisement
  2. vernontwg

vernontwg New Member

try going to music>audio effects> wired stereo devices. then uncheck the box where you enable audio effcts or turn off the surround setting. i had the same problem at first but i'm running stock 2.1

3. zip2

zip2 Active Member

I'm not sure about "tin cannish" but it does sound a little different to me. I tweaked my settings to reduce bass and it sounds ok now.

Why doesn't someone write an app that has an actual equalizer...if there is one I haven't found it yet.

4. Bunie

Bunie Member

After the 2.2 update my Droidx needs a new ADB driver? can you guys supply this? i will love you forever.