Moving to India, optionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jtgray10

jtgray10 New Member This Topic's Starter

I might be getting sent to India for 2 years and am wondering what (if any) options I have with my Eris. It is a great phone but I'm afraid I might be SOL on a GSM network, not to mention trying to get out of the last year of my contract. If anyone has any input I would appreciate it.

Thx

Advertisement
  2. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

I would think you would have to pay the early term fee to get out of your contract early. If this move is work related, see if your employer will pay the fee for you. If they won't, you can write it off as part of your relocation expenses. The phone won't work there.

3. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

are you going there to work for verizon customer support???? LOL couldn't help it.... as far as eris on GSM... no go....

4. 3-fords1000

3-fords1000 Active Member

I'm pretty sure that if VZW doesn't offer coverage that it is terms for termination without a penalty. I've read posts elsewhere of scams to get out of contracts and that seems to be the most straight forward.

5. Hiroshika

Hiroshika Well-Known Member

Yep. If you dont have network where your going to live = Free termination.

6. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

Tell them you would be happy to continue with them as long as they can continue to provide you service where you are going.

Although you might have to come up with some kind of proof that you really are moving.