Moving to the Droid Evo4G

Last Updated:

1. MarkWF1

MarkWF1 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

Moving to the dark side.. Pre ordered my Evo 4G with Best Buy. This will be my third cell phone ever. I've been with sprint from the start of my cell phone adventures. Got my first cell phone a few years ago with Sprint. The HTC Pro, then moved up to the Pro2.. Now I'm moving over to the HTC Evo 4G

The main reasons for my decision is because I want to check out the droid platform.. The other reasons were all the hype over the new 4G and the blazing speed of the Evo.. I'm not living in a 4G area to start. Live outside of LA. Want to see the market roll out in this area fast. I'm sure there will be lots of other's that are yelling for what we are paying for but not getting..

Regarding the $10 extra surcharge for the 4G coverage that many wont have, me included. I have a theory that they want to recoup some of there out of pocket money they've paid out, with the roll out of 4G since 2005.

Personally I wish Sprint would just come clean and state it as such!

Put this honest statement out with a projection of roll out for more areas to come in the next few years. Push an aggressive effort to bring 4G to as many of there customers as possible.. State it as such! Allowing for the help of the $10 surcharge to recoup and put seed money into such an effort of growth for the 4G coverage.. Many loyal Sprint customers such as myself wouldn't mind such a statement.. Honesty is always the best policy!

This would be the way I would go if I was them.. Really feel there coming at this all wrong, as far as how there approaching there customer's in regard's to all this. But like many we are all jumping on the bandwagon but with a little of a bad taste in our mouths.. This bad taste I think will linger for many and there may be a lingering affect to there customer base as time goes along with other competitive markets arise to compete with them..

I'm now cruising as many forums areas and getting info from as many places on the net as I can.. in regards to Droid and the Evo 4G.

Lots of the review post and such from this site as well as other's I'm collecting are getting re-broadcast on my Facebook page.. This will die off as the hype dies down..

Thanks for having me and I'll be lurking in the wings

Yours on the Android Forums

MarkWF1

Advertisement