moving winmo contacts to android - help!Support

Last Updated:

1. ikediggety

ikediggety Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, i didn't see anything that looked relevant when i searched. And yes, I am an android n00b. For now.

First of all - i LOVE this freaking phone. Yesterday (the day I got it) was perhaps the single worst performance I've ever had at work for a single day. I am in THAT much in love.

But there's one persistent problem. When I bought the phone at a corporate store, the CSR tried 5 times to sync my contacts from my old samsung omnia. Every time, the incredible said that the sync was successful but the contacts never showed up. My only recourse is to manually reprogram all my contacts.

I'm in the "b"s now and I have work at 6 AM.

I know I can sync my winmo contacts to gmail, but I don't use gmail primarily and would like my phone contacts to stay phone contacts.

Can anyone help please?

Advertisement
  2. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Well-Known Member

I went from a Touch Pro 2 to the DI and synced everything through Gmail (Activesync on the WinMo phone, native Gmail sync on the Droid).

You would only have to do it once. I guess you could also sync everything to Outlook and use HTC Sync on the Droid?

ikediggety likes this.
  3. k.electron

k.electron Well-Known Member

create new gmail account and use google sync on WM to sync contacts to that fresh account, and then resync them to the DI.

then you may get rid of the gmail account.