Moxier Mail w/ 2.1OSSupport

Last Updated:

1. SweetyCBS

SweetyCBS New Member This Topic's Starter

So I've got the 2.1 "beta" OS on my Moment. My Moxier mail was working great before I upgraded but not every time I try to setup the account again I get an error about ActivSync. I've contacted Moxier support and w/ them we ran a test on my comp & I have ActiveSync and it's working but I can't get past the error message. Anyone else out there w/ 2.1 using Moxier? Anyone have any other recommendations for an Outlook app? Outlook is my work email so I don't want it syncing into my gmail. I want a separate app I can open to look at email and send emails.

Advertisement
  2. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Moxier 2.1.15 always worked on all the 2.1 ROMs I've tried on my Hero.

You could always try Touchdown or perhaps you can try to find the HTC mail app.

-Mike

3. zirai10

zirai10 Member

I'm running the leaked version of 2.1 DD03 on mine now and was able to set-up my Moxier Mail with my Outlook mail without a problem at all. It just took me some time to remember my exchange server username and password, as well as the server name. But the set-up was identical to when I set it up when I got the Moment out of the box with 1.5 on it, so I don't know what to tell you?

4. Quicksand Jesus

Quicksand Jesus Member

Just change everyone at work to use Google apps instead of Exchange. Then have the finance dept give you the extra money saved.

Win win situation!

5. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Mine works fine as well. The set up was the same. Not sure what the issue may be. Possibly an overlooked space or period in the wrong location. or security setting?

6. Sphagnum

Sphagnum Well-Known Member

I'm running 2.1 DD10 and my Moxier works just fine, no problems with setup at all.

7. Jeephacker

Jeephacker Active Member

I install the official 2.1 today (yeah), but now Moxier does not work (boo). After entering the server information I get a popup that says "General, I/O-related error.(-16)" with an OK button. I've done some searching but I'm not finding any answers. I thought it might be a problem with the SD card, but I can read and write to it with other applications. Any ideas????

8. Gremlyn1

Gremlyn1 Well-Known Member

Moxier is working perfectly for me post 2.1 update. I assume you've restarted the phone? Might have to do a hard reset and try again.

9. Jeephacker

Jeephacker Active Member

I did a full reload of 2.1 and I'm still having the same problem. I'm also having problems with a lot of application force closing on me. Not sure what to do next. Are there any diagnostic apps that can test to make sure there are not memory problems or should I just take it to a Sprint store?

10. mac_moment

mac_moment Member

If you are using Exchange 2007 - you may need to log into a web client - go to the options and then mobile devices. Delete your old profile and then try again.

11. Jeephacker

Jeephacker Active Member

I don't think were on 2007 yet and there is no mobile devices option on the web client. I'll double check with one of our email admins tomorrow.

12. neutron

neutron Well-Known Member

Is it possible to update Moxier Mail to the latest so that we can use the widget?

13. uzee

uzee Well-Known Member

I like moxier mail, however the only problem i have with it is, that it doesn't display the emails as 'full'. meaning it wont display graphics etc within an email. The emails simply appear as text only.

Is there any way to view email in full, the way we are meant to view it???