Moxier - Should I delete this?Support

Last Updated:

1. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've tried logging into it with my POP server username, password, address and it have never worked. Keep trying to figure it out or just get rid of it? I've tried 5-6 times with no luck.

I'm assuming this will sync my Outlook calender/contacts with my phone.

Advertisement
  2. airplaneman

airplaneman Well-Known Member

Not sure what it does..but if you found a way to delete it..please share :).

3. gqtrebor

gqtrebor Well-Known Member

yes as i don't think this can be deleted, although white out has made me forget about it :)

4. cwepruk

I thought it was supposed to sync all your outlook contacts/calendar and email. This would be helpful, but I enter my account username, PW, email and server and it never works.

5. Koyanishi

Koyanishi Well-Known Member

I consider this app worse than crapola.

It is one of my least favorite things about this Sony Ericsson product.

It runs in the background and drains the battery whether or not you activate it.
    Someone posted on this board that if you sign in to Moxier and then delete your account it will no longer run in the background, so I too tried to sign in for the sole purpose of deleting my account but could not do so. It is forced on you and you can't get rid of it - worse than crapola. For shame Sony Ericsson

6. gqtrebor

gqtrebor Well-Known Member

Yea i think it's pretty stupid you can't uninstall it. since google has all the sync programs you need for free.

7. factsfinder

factsfinder New Member

Moxier is meant to syn with an Exchange. If you have an account with outlook.com, which is Outlook Live. It syn very well with it. You can maintain your calendar and task there too and they will syn with your X10. Although Moxier maintains a separate phone book, but the X10 phone book will be updated whenever you do a syn.

8. cwepruk

I just have office 2007, so I'm guessing Moxier is just useless?

I've already entered my limited contacts, but I'd love for the Calendar to sync. What is the best way to do this?

9. Koyanishi

Yeah - this program might be useful for some, but I doubt that the majority of x10 users have any interest in this expensive app that is a nuisance that constantly pops up in the background robbing this instrument of resources. After all this app seems to be oriented to business use but this phone in general has the look and feel of a fun phone and is so marketed.

10. ryno1974

ryno1974 Well-Known Member

If you could delete it (although I dont know why you would want to) what would you use for email/tasks/calendars? I use mne for work, and it works great, no complaints at all. I dont know what kind of battery / resource drain that is mind you, but I like the app.

11. cwepruk

I can't get to sync at all. It will try syncing for about 2 minutes that just give me an error. I'd gladly use it if it would work.

12. kamm

kamm Well-Known Member

RTFM - it works fine not only for all my Exchange-stricken friends but even with my Google Apps Premier account.

13. ryno1974

ryno1974 Well-Known Member

OK girls, take your cat fight outside. My questions still stand : How will you sync up your email / tasks / calendar without it? What would you use?

Not sure why you guys are having problems with it, I spent 2 minutes setting it up and I couldnt ask for a more useful email app.

Hope everyone gets what they want out of it (or deletes it is thats what they want)

14. Koyanishi

The problem is you can't delete it.

I have no problem with Moxier itself. It probably is a great product for those that want and need it. What I have a problem with is SE embedding this thing that eats resources without a way of deleting it and that is unlikely to be useful to most X10 users.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you need a corporate email account to even sign on to this thing?

15. kamm

kamm Well-Known Member

Nothing. You will have to either set up a rather stupid Outlook-Google-X10 circle or buy another app.

What's nice that SE includes this full-featured Moxier package for free - it's very useful for everyone working for a company, running a calendar service etc.

EXACTLY. About a minute here and it was syncing already. :cool:

Do you delete, say, Alarm Clock if you don't need it? Or Calculator? Or Messaging? Or Gmail? Or Google Talk?
    Of course, you don't.

16. metcard

metcard Member

you can use your gmail account to use this app. I enabled it hoping to get rid of it from auto launching every time I switch b/w WiFi and 3g but it still launches itself.
    stupid app, If your going to make it uninstallable at least give us the option to have it not launch itself all the time.

17. markbrown

markbrown New Member

Some people are taking their love for moxier a little too seriously. For some of us we don't want to take our emails with us everywhere we go and we don't need the application constantly opening up to tell us we can.
    Moxier, you've told me what you can do now be a good little app by shutting up and sitting quietly like the other well behaved apps untill I decide I'd like to open you.

18. TheManWithAPlan

TheManWithAPlan Well-Known Member

If you want to get rid of it then just root it.

I took it off cause it waz of no use to me!

got rid of other things such as the alarm clock, messaging, browser, mediascape because I wanted to use my own replacements..

But everyone has their own opinions so do what pleases you!!

19. clockwork58

clockwork58 Well-Known Member

Thank goodness for Advanced Task Killer. If I have to reboot my phone, that's the first app I reach for or after using my phone heavily to reduce resource strain.

If I can't remove Moxie, anyway I can hide the icons for it?

20. hejikibob

hejikibob Member

To be honest after reading the above, I'm still non the wiser as to why Moxier is suppoersed to be so brilliant? I have my phone for personal use (non business) and have my Gmail acc on it throught the gmail app that was on the phone. I don't have a calendar to sync and get my emails anyway so is it really of any benefit to me?

As per the above questions of do some of us delete anything we don't use.... well, er yeah, we do. Whats the point of it sitting there taking up space (and resources / battery) if it runs itself when it's not wanted.

From the above it seems Kamm has a use for it and likes it, Koyanishi doesn't have a use for it and would like to get rid. I'm with Koyanishi as I have it on my auto app killer list and would like to get rid.

Unfortunately Kamm's way of putting his point across is (deliberately or not) not particularly brilliant and comes across as a fanboy 'don't you dare diss this app' mentality where we are all supposed to love something which is of no use at all to some of us.

21. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

I would really like to get rid of a lot of apps I don't use/need. Moxier, Gmail, Google maps, Timescape, Mediascape etc. Maybe we should bomb SE's support with a demand to include the possibility to unsinstall unwanted apps? :)