Mozilla Officially Unveils A Pre-Alpha Test Version Of Firefox For Android

Last Updated:

1. inspiron41

inspiron41 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 4, 2010
    "Some other warnings and notes to consider about the build from Vukićević:

We’ve only really tested this on the Motorola Droid and the Nexus One.
    It will likely not eat your phone, but bugs might cause your phone to stop responding, requiring a reboot.
    Memory usage of this build isn’t great — in many ways it’s a debug build, and we haven’t really done a lot of optimization yet. This could cause some problems with large pages, especially on low memory devices like the Droid.
    You’ll see the app exit and relaunch on first start, as well as on add-on installs; this is a quirk of our install process, and we’re working to get rid of it.
    You can’t open links from other apps using Fennec; we should have this for the next build.
    He also notes that there’s an experimental version of Weave, Mozilla’s syncing tool that will work with this pre-Alpha build of Fennec. Visit this page and click on the “Experimental version” to find it.
    Read more:"

visit this website on your android to download it:

note it is 10-11 mbs to download, WHEN INSTALLED IT TAKES 31.54 MBS (WTF!!!!)
    Doesnt seem to have multitouch support
    Seems to eat a lot of memory, but when i installed my phone said low memory.
    Keyboard seems very unresponsive
    there no zoom buttom other than double tapping
    flash isnt built in (not that i was expecting it)

The interface does look way better than dolphin, i like it. but it's way to slow.
    i love how you can drag the screen left and right to get access to other functions

I dont think version is ready for beta testing at all.....

2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Me either! haha...this reminds me of those drugs that are advertised on TV and at the end of the commercial, the announcer speaks really quickly and starts naming off all of the side effects or problems with taking the drug >_>