MP3 as a ring toneGeneral

1. junkmonk

junkmonk Member

I have an mp3 file I would like to use a ringtone (the theme tune from curb your enthusiasm if anyone else wants it) and I would like to know how to make this a ring tone on my Orange san francisco.

Advertisement
    :
  2. lfc4ever

lfc4ever Well-Known Member

On your internal SD Card, check for the folder:

media\audio\ringtones

Create the folder(s) if necessary.

Drop your mp3 in the ringtones folder.

Now when you wish to change your ringtone, your OSF will see the folder and any files inside it and offer you the choice of any mp3 in there.

And you find the ringtones options by going to settings/Sound/Phone ringtone
  3. junkmonk

junkmonk Member

Thanks. Really appreciate your reply. I am new to the san fran. Is there somewhere on this forum where I can post the sound track in the event someone else might want it.
  4. lfc4ever

No problem :)

If anybody sees this post and would like to take you up on your offer of the ringtone, I'm sure they will shout, and when they do I'm also fully sure you will share it using one of those file sharing sites we are all fond of, or your Dropbox account even.
  5. junkmonk

junkmonk Member

I can't seem to access my sdcard when connected via usb cable. I am using windows 7 home. I sthere anything in particular that I have to download in order to access the sd card?
  6. junkmonk

junkmonk Member

Sorry your solution didn't work. created folder on laptop but not in the phone
  7. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

You need to pull the notifications bar at the top of the screen down, then select Mount USB Storage (or similar, don't have the phone in front of me) for your PC to recognise it as an external disk. Then the suggestion by lfc4ever should work.

Additionally, if the soundtrack is copyrighted, then you can't really share it with anyone else, especially not on this forum. ;)

Thanks for the offer though. :)
  8. lfc4ever

For the phone to be recognised as a drive when you plug it into the PC - you should have installed the USB drivers for the phone (ZTE Blade/OSF USB Drivers) beforehand, then the drop down menu for USB debugging mode should appear or be offered, when you plug the USB connection in to the phone & the PC.

Or, as you did, create them using your PC, if you did name the folders exactly, and dropped the MP3 into the ringtone folder, then I'm sure it should have worked as suggested.

:)
    junkmonk likes this.
  9. junkie08

junkie08 New Member

thank you. it working
  10. uuk

uuk New Member

nice info
  11. Gadgetman43

Gadgetman43 New Member

Hi

can you do the same for Text Messages?
  12. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Yep, if the folder isn't there by default, you can just create one on the root of your SD Card. For ringtones, call the folder "ringtones", for text message tones, call the folder "notifications" (both without quotes).
  13. Gadgetman43

Gadgetman43 New Member