mp3 as ringtoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. boilerhouse

boilerhouse Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello!

Having just moved from a Hero to the Desire today, I tried what I had already done on the Hero, that of creating '/media/audio/ringtones'

I created an MP3 file and loaded it into the directory, but I cannot find how to get this item to show in the list to select in MENU/SETTINGS/SOUND/PHONE RINGTONE

The phone was updated to 2.2 Froyo today, has something changed I have not found out about? Anyone else had this problem and aware of solution?

Thank you in advance.

Regards - Boilerhouse :confused:

Advertisement
  2. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

I have Froyo and my ringtone is in the same folder and it works fine. I also have notifications and alarms setup too.

Did you unplug the phone before trying to assign the ringer? If the phone is connected to the computer in disk drive mode, then the SD card will not be available, so the ringtone folder will not be available either as it's "locked" by the computer/USB interface. Once you unplug the phone, it will access the SD card and let you assign the ringer.

If it's not connected, then something is wrong. Perhaps you misspelled the folder names, or the MP3 is an unsupported format, etc. Double check the folders and file.

3. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

You can use the stock music player to set a mp3 as a ringtone,in the player find the tune you want then click menu > set as ringtone.

4. Clue?!

Clue?! New Member

If your in the android market try the app Ringdroid. Loads up all your songs and you can cut certain parts of the song you like as your ringtone :)

Very useful on certain songs :)

5. turbohobbit

turbohobbit Well-Known Member

+1