MP3 as text message tone?General

Last Updated:

1. Renniks

Renniks Well-Known Member

Anyone give me a pointer on how this is done?

Set one as my ringtone but a little trouble setting as message tone??

Advertisement
  2. GrahamF

GrahamF Well-Known Member

Hi, this is covered on several threads if you do a search & there are several suggestions on how to do this. I myself use the free app "Ringdroid" from the Market. Quick & easy, you can use any mp3 as a message/notification/alarm tone without having to create extra folders etc... Hope this helps. GrahamF. London :)
  3. socrates0

socrates0 Well-Known Member

4. Renniks

Renniks Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot guys for your help

Appreciated
  5. GrahamF

So the choice is yours - go to the Market and download the free "Ringdroid" app, quick & easy, just go straight to this app for adding/removing your mp3's & for changing tones in the future, OR create 20 extra folders & move mp3's from folder to folder to folder................ LOL!!! :rolleyes:
    Graham. London :cool:
  6. socrates0

socrates0 Well-Known Member

Lol :) Actually just three folders max that is you want for all three ' ‘Alarms’, ‘Notifications’ and ‘Ringtones’. And then use MyPhoneExplorer to copy/move files to these folders. Its v easy (I could do it) :D For something likes this, for an operation not used on a daily basis I would prefer using a s/w not on my phone as it involves less overheads. I prefer to use apps for jobs done regularly or for operations where I would not like to depend on a computer availability.
    GrahamF likes this.
  7. GrahamF

socrates0 likes this.